Skeleton staff are available to answer queries via email however.
Our workshop is closed until such time as the Government lessens restrictions on none essential businesses to open once more, we will contact all customers with planned work during the closure to reschedule appointments once we are back in the office.
We can still deliver goods but possibly with some slight delays with the exception of the following Product Ranges:-
Habitation Servicing in Devon
Habitation servicing (aka habitation check) is THE Annual test to have done on your motorhome or caravan. A Habition service tests the living space facilities in your vehicle for operation and diagnostics are performed. The Habitation service is not a legal requirement in the same vein as an MOT is, however it would be foolhardy to drive around in a vehicle that is untested as you could potentially be putting yourself and any other occupants of the vehicle at risk. The Gas / Water and Electrical system are tested during a habitation service to ensure they are operating as they should with no issues.
Our Motorhome & Caravan Fitting Workshop in Exmouth, East Devon allows you to wait in comfort or do some sightseeing at the quaint seaside towns of Budleigh Salterton or Exmouth whilst our trained staff conduct your habitation service.
Where are we?
We are on the Liverton Business Park on Salterton Road, just before you get into Exmouth. If you have a GPS device you can use the postcode below:
7 Thorntree Business Units
Liverton Business Park
Contact our Workshop:
If you need to contact our Fitting Workshop Directly you can use any number below:
08458 698 940
How Long does a Habitation Service take ?
A motorhome habitation service is an in depth intensive check of all the living area aspects of your vehicle and as such is time consuming, an approximate duration for a habitation service is 3 hours.
What is tested during a habitation service ?
A motorhome habitation service follows a checklist which is detailed but the following base aspects of your motorhome/caravan will be tested:-
- Damp Test / Ingress check
- Gas safety check / pressure / leaks
- Electrical safety test (RCD), Earths etc.
- Functional test of all sockets
- Functional test of all vents / windows
- Functional test of electric steps / stablising feet
How much does your habitation check service cost ?
A motorhome habitation check by Outdoorbits is between £180 & £200 including VAT (excluding any parts which are replaced during the service such as out of date hoses etc). Price depends upon what type of Motorhome you have, i.e. A Class Motorhomes are £200 Coachbuilt Motorhomes are £190 and Panel Van Conversion Motorhomes are £180
We are closed during bank holidays.
You are more than welcome to visit us to see our showroom, however fitting will normally need to be arranged in advance. Contact us for further information if you are unsure.
Outdoor Bits has been the premier online retailer for motorhome accessories and caravan accessories for over 6 years and we have a showroom you can visit. We stock a wide range of products from popular brands and have an array of demonstration equipment available for you to sample as well, however we are unable to stock everything you see online.
If there is something specific you require then contact us in advance and we can order it in prior to your visit so that it is available for collection.
Our showroom has a selection of accessories on display and "hands on" demonstration equipment is available for Televisions / Sat Nav / Satellite TV etc allowing you to see before you buy.
Outdoor Bits workshop allows us to professionally install equipment whatever the weather. The workshop is expertly equipped to cope with every eventuality. We have large gantry steps on hand allowing quick, easy and safe access to the roof of even the largest vans. A large selection of tools are on hand allowing us to "engineer" around the most difficult of installations.
Outdoor Bits premises has ample parking outside which can accommodate even the largest of motorhomes.
We have one pre-arranged overnight parking slot available for fittings with electricity available. If you wish to take advantage of this please let us know at time of booking.
Directions from the M5
- Exit M5 at Junction 30
- At the roundabout, take the exit onto Sidmouth Road/A376 heading to A3052 (Towards Exmouth / Budleigh Salterton)
- Follow A376 on dual carriageway short section
- Turn right towards Exmouth on to A376 Dual Carriageway
- Go straight over next 2 roundabouts heading towards Exmouth and continue for 7 miles past Staddons Garage on the left and Shell garage opposite on the right
- At the traffic lights, turn left into Gypsy Lane and past Exmouth Community College on the left.
- At mini roundabout turn right and almost immediately turn left at next mini roundabout and then follow the road up hill
- Go Past Claremont medical practice on left. At next traffic lights T Junction turn left onto Salterton Road (B3178)
- Follow Salterton Road for 1.4 Miles.
- Turn left into Liverton Business park (Halfords and McDonalds immediately visible on the left
- Follow road through the Park past Halfords and B&Q, at roundabout turn left into Thorntree Business Units.
- Outdoor Bits is last but one unit, next to Exmouth Tyre & Exhaust Centre.
What is Nearby ?
Budleigh Salterton is situated in the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), on the coast of Glorious East Devon, the spectacular red cliffs of form the start of the Jurassic Coast.
Nearby Exmouths' main attraction is the two miles of family friendly beach, ideal for swimming, sandcastles or exploring the rock pools, there is also the amazing Exe Estuary, home to numerous amounts of wildlife. Exmouth is the home of watersports with the town offering Sailing, diving, Kite surfing, windsurfing, kayaking and much more.
There are also many attractions in the surrounding area as follows:
Where to Stay ?
As East Devon is a popular holiday destination, campsites abound nearby. Below are the nearest sites to our premises in order of closeness: