Don’t trust a mate to do it !

Posted on by David Burley

burnt out motorhome wiring

We had a customer in last week, he wanted us to run a new 12v supply to his television as his old one was “burnt out”.

When the van arrived this is what we removed:-

burnt out motorhome wiring

His mate, who was apparently an electrician had wired it into the light fitting for him using really thin cable, the cable was then taped to the ceiling, across and above the cupboards where on the end was a car cigarette lighter connector which looked like it had shorted out as no insulation on the connections at all.

The end result was the wire had burnt all along its entire length, customer very lucky they didn’t have a fire especially when the cable was hanging from ceiling !

The moral of this story is don’t trust a mate, get a professional in.

 

Share this with your Friends...Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on Google+
Google+
Share on LinkedIn
Linkedin
Email this to someone
email

About David Burley

David lives & breathes motorhomes, an ex Fulltimer who has years of experience living in a motorhome and now drawing on his Royal Navy Technical engineering background for installation work.